The Imperial OPA is fortunate to work with some of the most skilled aerial dancers on the planet. Our artists in our network of performers provide that magical wish of flight. Live vicariously through the magical sight of people lighter than air playing on Silks, Rope, a static Trapeze, Lyra, Sling, or a wide variety of other devices.
Aerial Arts is when a performing artist attaches a device onto a rig point high above the performance space, then proceeds to do drops and spins, putting their lives on the line every time for your enjoyment!
- Silks/Aerial Fabric : Long lengths of fabrics that are hung from points high above, sometimes know as "tails" or "tissue", they are the modern staple of aerial arts.
- Lyra/Aerial Hoop: A round ring that spins around as an artists poses and move on and within. The circle of the Lyra makes for great framing and shapes.
- Static Trapeze: A classic in circus and stage performances, this apparatus consists of a bar suspended from a pair of ropes that a talented artists performances feats of strength and flexibility on.
- Rope/Corde Lisse: A long length of rope that a powerful artists climb up, dangle from in unique ways, and performs death-defying drops from.
- Custom Props: Sometimes artists suspend other props from points and performers on them such as a star shaped hanging apparatus, crescent moon, or cube. We can make custom props that can fit your event!