We are always on the look out for talented people who want to join up with us both on and off stage.
Requirements for all interested in joining:
- - Energetic and willing to do more than just entertain.
- - Creative and willingness to pitch in and get things done.
- - Desire to do good.
We seek talented amateurs and all professionals in any of these categories (but not limited to):
- Aerialist including Spanish Web, Silks and Trapeze artists
- Contortionists, Acrobats and Hand Balancers
- Fire Performers (including eating, poi, juggling, fans)
- Belly Dancers and Break Dancers
- Jugglers and Clowns
- Magicians and Puppeteers
Please be aware, you must be available to rehearse Wednesday nights in the West End area of Atlanta. Shows are generally scheduled for weekends but could be at anytime and occasionally during the weekdays. The entire company is made up of independent, non-union performers. We donate our time and energy to our crafts, passions and circus family. Currently, financial compensation is occasional.
If you’re interested in joining us, please send an email describing your skills and talents, and how they would benefit the circus. A head shot, and any documentation (photo or video) of your act(s) is preferred but not necessary.
Resumes can be sent to: circus@theimperialOPA.com
Business Professionals with a love for the Arts
We are seeking experienced people in the following categories:
Producer / Project manager
The Imperial OPA Circus (Atlanta’s Home Town Circus) theimperialopa.com is looking for a producer / Project manager to take the lead and help make our next production become a reality.
Project Manager Job Purpose: Accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
Project Manager Job Duties:
* Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. (Additional skill in Fundraising and Sponsorship securing a added bonus)
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Self-Development, Planning, Performance Management, Inventory Control, Verbal Communication
10% of the funds raised for this project. This is a performance based pay structure.
This is a great job for a candidate who is looking for a part time different type project with a lot of freedom and possibilities for growth, as their is unlimited potential in the entertainment world.
Please send a resume, and a paragraph about why you would be interested in this job.
Fundraiser Rock star
The Imperial OPA Circus (Atlanta’s Home Town Circus) theimperialopa.com , is seeking a fundraiser rock star that can help us reach 1 million.
The various types of fundraising involve different activities, but typically include:
* motivating and facilitating supporters to maximise the funds they raise;
* inspiring new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters;
* organising traditional activities, such as sponsored outdoor events ;
* developing new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organising events;
* raising awareness at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media;
* developing and coordinating web-based fundraising, online auctions and merchandise sales;
* increasing funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity’s aims and activities;
* developing and implementing a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development;
* recruiting, organising and managing volunteers to carry out various functions within the charity;
* managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information;
* writing applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors;
* making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
The Imperial OPA is a L.L.C but also a Facially sponsored project from Fractured Atlas (Fractured Atlas is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Contributions for the purposes of The ImperialOPA Circus are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. – See more at: http://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=4202#sthash.Bdq0JZNy.dpuf)
Your job would be to secure funds threw sponsorships, advertising, events, donations, grants, merchandise, or other.
We would pay you 10% of all the funds you raise. This is ground floor with vast room to grow and unlimited potential. This job is perfect for someone looking for a different type of job with no dress code or limitations placed.
Our Goal is to make Atlanta a Circus capital, and we need a little over a million to do it.
We would like to establish a circus school to to out reach threw, produce a nationally touring circus show, and in general, be Creative, Be Inspirational and to do Good!
Please send a resume, and small par graph about why you feel this is a good match for you.